I was tagged for The Liebster Award. I never knew what this was about, so did some research and discovered how popular it was amongst small and new bloggers.
Being nominated for this award is an honor! I see my blog as a tiny room and I hope to be able to unlock the other doors inside the home.
Magna Yakkha nominated me for this award. Thank you so very much! Stop by her blog and say hello: Foreverbookblog.wordpress.com
She was a guest blogger on my blog along with 4 other bloggers called The 5 Senses. everydaylifegirl.wordpress.com/2017/05/19/the-5-senses
- Answer the questions you were asked.
- Tag 11 bloggers who have under 200 followings on their blog
- Create 11 new questions
- Acknowledge who tagged you
1. What’s your favourite thing about the blogging community or blogging?
From what I have experienced the blogging community is friendly and welcoming. It is a safe place for me and I enjoy the process of coming up with ideas for a blog post.
2. Any memorable memory you created from blogging?
Strangely what comes to mind is walking around in circles or pacing back and forth inside my home which led me to write a blog post.
3. What made you start blogging?
I created my blog in April 2015, but my first blog post was on June 28, 2016, called Take the exercise challenge. Everydaylifegirl.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/take-the-exercise-challenge Initially I had serious doubts about starting and I was hard on myself, but I am enjoying blogging and that’s all that matters.
4. Who is your role model?
If someone asked me this question when I was a teenager then I would have given some celebrity I looked up to at the time. Being in my 20’s have really made me question a lot of things in life which includes role models. I don’t actually have a role model, but this year I have awakened a spiritual side of myself that I have embraced.
5. What is your passion?
I have a few. My passion is writing, dancing and doing promotional work.
6. What do you wish at the moment?
To be positive and happy. A person could want things, but to be fulfilled comes from within ourselves. I believe positive energy and happiness fuels you to having a more enjoyable life no matter what comes your way.
7. Are you happy with who you are? Why?
It depends on my mood. Everyone can be their own worst critic. If someone were to say they are completely happy with who they are that would be a flat out lie. No one is. I would say praying and talking to God has helped me in the process of accepting myself. I think it would be a daily and lifelong journey. Baby steps.
8. What do you hope for?
Beating my 7 year old nephew in hockey and doing a happy dance at the end to annoy him that I won. The score last time he and I played was 100/34. I was glad I made it past 20, but I really did want to win even though I knew secretly I didn’t stand a chance. He is so good at it!
9. Do you think society pressures you?
Sure, especially with how big social media is but at the same time you have to take it with a grain of salt. Remember that no one in life is perfect like their Instagram pictures. The right lighting, angles, posing, filters and makeup is all involved for the most part in perfecting the perfect selfie.
It is fun though to take pictures and when you are in the right head space you can learn to appreciate and compliment others genuinely on their posts. Pressure can also come from family members, but I tend to change the subject and divert the attention away from me and put it on them.
10. What are your future plans for your blog?
I don’t necessarily have a plan, but the purpose of my blog has always been for myself to write with enjoyment. I do however want to make more of an effort to comment on bloggers posts and improve my writing because I know when I first started out blogging it wasn’t the best, but with anything in life is a learning experience and blogging is on that list.
11. What’s your favourite and the least favourite aspect in the blogging community or while blogging?
My favourite part of the blogging community is chatting to bloggers who are everyday people I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t blog and their genuine support is always heartwarming.
The least favourite aspect in the blogging community is when some bloggers comment on another blogger’s post without looking at the whole post. I am aware bloggers want to get their blog out there, so commenting is needed but at least read the whole thing first before commenting something generic for example I like your blog or nice post.
- Caitlyn J. Stout. Caitlinjstout.com
- Nehemiah Advance Simango. Advancenemiah.wordpress.com
- Sara Broadhurst. Sarafayce.wordpress.com
- Adele’s Word. Adeleswordcom.wordpress.com
- Jenny, Alli,
Liliand Katie. Castawayminds.wordpress.com
- Danny Naqvi. Dannynaqvi.com
- Katie Cere. Katiecere.wordpress.com
- Kerri. Myuniverseofwriting.wordpress.com (Fun fact: We have the same name, and it is spelled the exact same way)
- Wayward Dash. Waywarddash.com
- Tom. Icedrainbow.wordpress.com
- Dimi. Stylescoop.co.za
1. What made you want to blog?
2. Do you have a favourite blog post you wrote? And why?
3. Are the people in your life aware you have a blog? If yes, what are their thoughts about it?
4. What do you do when you have writer’s block?
5. Is there any movie character you relate to? And why?
6. The weekend is here, what would you normally do?
7. What does blogging mean to you?
8. Why do you follow the bloggers you follow?
9. Guilty pleasure?
10. How would you describe your blog?
11. What are you currently looking forward to?
Are you a small or new blogger wanting to get your blog more exposure? Nominate 11 bloggers for The Liebster Award.